Design Build is Faster, More Efficient and Cost Effective
The design build process has several benefits versus hiring a separate design or architectural firm and construction firm for your project. Forward’s design build services provide a one-stop solution for homeowners looking to remodel, add an addition, or build a new home. We are experts who can accomplish all phases of your project faster and more efficiently. Our professional design and construction experts work together under one roof, creating a seamless process that saves you time and money, and enhances your involvement for a greater sense of pride in your home. With one company managing the entire process from start to finish, the overall remodeling experience runs more smoothly, gets done faster and saves you money.
The Results of Our Design Build Process
Better Cost Control
- Our designers are acutely aware of building costs since they are directly involved with the construction of all their remodeling projects.
- Our design build process allows our estimator to develop the estimate as the design progresses. This allows scope decisions to be made based on tangible information.
Faster Transition From Design to Construction
- Once plans are complete, we are ready to build.
- Alternatively, when you hire an independent designer or architect, this stage can take quite a while as: contractors are interviewed, bids and subcontractor bids are secured, estimates roll in, and plans are modified or even re-designed to fit the budget.
- The advantage of in-house design is that we transition your project smoothly from design to construction without a hitch.
Better Design and Communication
- With the designer and builder sharing an office, they are in constant communication from the very beginning. Design ideas are quickly vetted and expanded on with our team input.
- The production manager is closely involved with design creation to ensure the design is “build-able”.
- The designer is closely involved with your project with our 5 Key Meetings approach to ensure all design details are properly executed.
- If design and construction are managed by separate companies, finger pointing can occur when things go wrong. This often results in the homeowner picking up the tab for increased construction costs due to errors or omissions made by the designer, architect, or contractor.
- Since both the design and construction of your project are handled by one company, there is greater accountability for all aspects of the project.
- The buck stops with us! As the designer and the builder of the project, the responsibility to fix any goofs lies with us, eliminating finger-pointing.