Join our growing team of residential designers and craftsmen. Benefit from a respectful, collaborative environment.

We are looking for an experienced and motivated Project Manager to join our team. Are you the right fit? If so, you'll enjoy the many benefits of a collaborative design build environment, from leading a team of skilled carpenters and fully vetted trade partners to having our in-house designers available to answer questions about plans when time is of the essence! Pay is competitive and based upon your experience, and the benefits package includes health insurance, paid holidays, and more.

Full job description:

The Project Manager is charged with producing our projects on time and on budget, and is expected to consistently deliver a superior client experience and service.  He or she needs to have a thorough understanding of residential construction and have the ability to communicate effectively in a team environment.  

Are you right for this position? Consider these qualities:

  • You should have strong organizational skills.  Duties include organizing and scheduling all trades, all employees, and all material deliveries.  

  • You should be able to see the big picture of the project and continually communicate updates and expectations to all stakeholders and clients.  Can you command total knowledge of each project?

  • You must be able to communicate effectively.  This goes beyond the requirement of face to face communication, phone calls, and emails.  Clarity of content, timing expectations, and finished results are really important. Can you get your point across?

  • Can you inspire and lead the team to a zero-punch list mentality through each trade? Can you deliver our expectation of fit and finish?

  • You should be able to perform labor for installation of surface protection, dust walls, light demolition, minor rough carpentry, minor drywall repair and painting, hardware and clean up on a daily basis.  Our in-house carpentry crews typically perform this labor, but the Project Manager must be able to jump in when required. The Project Manager is expected to wear the belts approximately 10% of the time, and spend the remaining 90% managing the process.

  • You should be comfortable with technology and open to learning; our team is organized using gantt chart scheduling, emails, spreadsheets, and google docs.  A field tablet will be provided for your use. 

  • You must have your own transportation and a valid drivers license.

  • You should have your own hand tools; company tools are also provided.

  • Personality assessments will be provided and reviewed.  Background checks will be performed.

We are a fun, proactive company.  We are looking for someone who loves this industry and the transformations we provide our clients.  If you're interested in a position with Forward Design Build Remodel, we want to hear from you! Tell us something about yourself.

Please submit your resume and cover letter.  To be clear - a cover letter is required.