The Forward Design Build Process
First, Call Us For An In Person Consultation
Call us at (734) 761-8403. We'll discuss your plans, and any problems you may currently have with your home. If you like what you hear, we can schedule an onsite consultation and begin Phase one of four step process.
Design Philosophy - Our design philosophy is simple: solve our client's functional needs with creative solutions that inspire and represent their personality. We do this by asking questions, listening, suggesting, challenging, and learning about our clients. Great designs come from a team of design professionals who know how to listen and guide your decisions for the best return on your investment.
At Forward Design Build, your input and feedback are vital to making your home design dreams come true.
Phase 1: Interview
This phase is provided at no cost to you. It is intended to determine the feasibility of your project and includes:
- One initial consultation at your home.
- Review your goals and priority list. Take photos and loose measurements.
- Discussion and development of conceptual ideas.
- Follow-up presentation at our office, reviewing process.
- Review development of conceptual ideas.
- Provide a design build proposal with a bracketed investment range with an outlined scope of work.
Phase 2: Design
Upon acceptance of the Design Build Proposal and payment of an initial
retainer, Forward Design Build will begin the detailed design work which includes:
- Research and gather all required information for your project. This includes a full site measure and documentation of your existing home.
- Further development of the design and preparation of final drawings for
permit application and construction.
- Assistance with product and material selections.
- A detailed specification for your project.
Phase 3: Construction
Once plans, specifications, and material selections are complete, a fixed fee construction contract is finalized. Your initial retainer from Phase 1 is applied toward this contract as the down payment. Upon finalizing the contract, Forward Design Build will complete the following:
- Apply and pay for all permits.
- Produce a detailed construction schedule.
- Construct your project using our skilled in-house with Lead Carpenters.
- Hold weekly client meetings and follow our 5 Key Meeting strategy.
- Finish Strong - the last 10% of a project requires the most effort.
Phase 4: Enjoyment
After construction is complete, your warranty period will start.
- We supply you with a packet of product booklets and all of your selection information.
- We conduct a final hand off meeting and review what to expect as your project goes through a heating and cooling season.
- We schedule follow up meetings as needed to walk through your home and review the work.