The Forward Design Build Process
Our design philosophy is simple: solve our clients' functional needs with creative solutions that inspire and represent their personality. We do this by asking questions, listening, suggesting, challenging, and learning about our clients.
Great designs come from a team of design professionals who know how to listen and guide your decisions for the best return on your investment. At Forward Design Build Remodel, your input and feedback are vital to making your home design dreams come true.
Sound good to you? Take the first step and give us a call at (734) 761-8403.
One of us will be happy to speak with you about your project, timeline, and our design build process. We’ll discuss your home improvement goals and any problems you may currently have with your home. If you like what you hear, we can schedule an onsite consultation and begin phase one of four step process!
Phase One: Interview
This phase is provided at no cost to you. It is intended to determine the feasibility of your project and whether the Forward team is right for your project. Phase One includes:
- Initial consultation at your home
- Review of your goals and priority list
- Photography and general measurements
- Discussion and development of conceptual ideas
- Follow-up presentation at our office about design build process
- A design build proposal with bracketed investment range, scope of work
Phase Two: Design
Upon acceptance of the Design Build Proposal and payment of an initial retainer, Forward Design Build Remodel will begin the detailed design work, which includes:
- Research and gather the required information for your project, including a full site measure and documentation of your existing space
- Further development of the design and preparation of final drawings for permit application and construction
- Assistance with product and material selections
- Detailed specification for your project
Phase Three: Construction
Once plans, specifications, and material selections are complete, a fixed-fee construction contract is finalized. Your initial retainer from Phase One is applied toward this contract as the down payment. Upon finalizing the contract, Forward Design Build Remodel will:
- Apply and pay for all permits
- Produce a detailed construction schedule
- Construct your project using our skilled in-house Project Managers
- Hold weekly meetings with you and follow our 5 Key Meeting strategy
- Finish strong: the last 10% of a project will require the most effort
Phase Four: Enjoyment!
After construction is complete, your warranty period will start; the Forward team will:
- Supply you with a packet of product booklets and all of your selection information
- Conduct a final hand-off meeting and review what to expect as your project goes through a heating and cooling season
- Schedule follow-up meetings as needed to walk through your home and review the work