Project Designer - Architect, Design Build Construction
Are you the right person to fit our team? Are we the right team for you? Are you interested in seeing your designs come to life, while being an integral part of the entire process?
We are looking for an Architect 2, responsible for daily design and technical development of projects, to work collaboratively on a wide range of residential projects. This is an opportunity for a creative designer with initiative and ambition. All of our clients are unique, and require a fresh perspective. You will work in collaboration with our estimating and production team, following our design build process.
Your duties will include the following;
- Meet with clients and understand their goals and needs
- Investigate the existing home and comprehend challenges and opportunities
- Develop multiple conceptual design solutions through hand drawn vignettes
- Develop design "development" solutions through hand drawing, computer modeling and material collages
- Work with the team estimator on budget solutions
- Managing the selection process with the client, including making selections
- Develop construction drawings for design solutions and be the architecture resource for the entire team
- Work in collaboration with our production team, handle construction questions and participate in field meetings.
Desired Traits / Skills
- Sense of humor, willingness to learn and grow
- Proven ability to self-manage with a commitment to quality
- Ability to guide people through discussion points to achieve decisions.
- Strong project management and organizational skills, working in a team setting
- Ability to work well under pressure, manage multiple projects simultaneously while working within deadlines
- Strong verbal, written and visual communication skills with all levels of employees, management, clients and outside vendors
- Minimum experience of an Architect 1 - recently licensed architect with 3-5 years of experience.
- Proficient in a BIM software with demonstrated space planning skills. We utilize sketchup and archicad.
- Proficient in hand sketching conceptual plans and details.
- Strong construction assembly and detailing knowledge.
- Proficient graphic presentation skills.
- Proficient computer skills - typing, documentation, cloud based collaboration. Support documentation with google docs and smartsheet.com.
We offer competitive benefits and compensation package. This is a full time position. If this describes you and you are excited about this opportunity, please click on the button below.